Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Giant star block quilt







Several years back I bought an entire kit to make a gorgeous multi-block quilt.  By "kit", I mean it included the pattern and all the fabric. And that sucker sat on my shelf for years.  Years it sat there staring at me.  Mocking me. It had the potential to make a gorgeous quilt. (Duh. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.) But, any time I took it out of the box and thought about making it, I just didn't want to. I always packed it all away and put it back on the shelf.  Well, enough of that madness. I made the very first block and then made three more of that same first block but in different fabric combinations. Over on instagram I referred to it as my #ilikebigblocksandicannotlie quilt (thanks @trudi_wood for that hashtag!) 

I learned not to buy kits. And I absolutely love this quilt.

-dana

4 comments:

Laura said...

Beautiful quilt, and I love how you photographed it with the sunlight from behind ... makes it glow.

Jacque. said...

That is one cool quilt, Dana!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

My husband has become the best quilt holder in all the land! :)

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

Thank you!